Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sister Day

I went to Chicago yesterday with my two sisters for the matinee of Jersey Boys. We took the train into the city. It's the best way to go. I hate the nightmare of traffic in Chicago. Somebody would have to be dying for me to drive there. Really.

The show was amazing. It wasn't a show that I was dying to see, but one of my sisters was. I went for her, but I am sure glad I did. I would go back again in a heartbeat. It was that good.

After the show, we went to the Italian Village for dinner. It had been recommended by several friends and it was so tasty. I had shrimp scampi with mushrooms over angel hair pasta in a wine sauce. To die for I tell you. I had a lovely cocktail made with three kinds of Bacardi. You know I liked that. Bacardi is my friend. We finished the meal off by sharing a piece of italian rum cake.

It was a very nice day. I don't spend nearly as much time with my sisters as I should. Life gets busy and I let my time take me to other people and things. I need to change that. We had a lot of fun and I think even going out for dinner a couple times a month would be great. I think I need to talk to them about that. I think they'll agree.


10 comments:

  1. I loved Jersey boys as well. Glad you had such a lovely time with your sisters! I have 4 sisters ~ I love to spend time with them as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good time! I was thinking about you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooOoOooO ... maybe you could do like a mother-daughters day too since you liked it soo much ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a fun day! Your oldest sister had an attitude before you left the house. So, I'm not gonna lie, I thought the whole day was going to be like that. I'm glad it wasn't, though. And I think you would all have fun doing dinner and/or drinks once or twice a month. I can almost gaurantee they'll agree :) I think that also means you would have to suck it up and go to Lucrezia's one of those times, haha. I need to talk to my sisters about doing something like that as well. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect day! As I've written before, I don't have sisters... just 2 brothers. I have wanted a sister my entire life, and these feelings have not relented. This is the only thing I truly, truly miss in my life. And my husband has no sisters either, so I never got a real live blood relative sister-in-law! Enjoy your sisters FOR ME! I love hearing sister stories and sharing and all the good stuff. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how fun! I would love to go see that, so if you go again, take me! That is such a fun day, taking the train and going into the city. Having sisters is awesome. I only have one and I know how special our time is together, so I cherish it for the once a year, if we are lucky, since she lives so far away. Your meal sounded heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful day. My sister and I used to be so very close but there was a 'slight' that I haven't been able to get over. Your post inspires me to rekindle the relationship and put the past behind me. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to call her today. Maybe we could take the train to Chicago to see Jersey Boys. It sounds like a perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your sister day! I feel so lucky that once a year we all get together and stay in the same house for an entire week. It's a dream come true, SO MUCH FUN.

    I wish more people would celebrate and appreciate their siblings...it's a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh and forgot to add that I LOVE LOVE LOVE The Italian Village. So yum.

    ReplyDelete
  10. fun fun!!! I love Chicago!!
    That place to eat is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!