Friday, July 17, 2009

A Winner, an Answer and a Funny

We have a winner! Using random.org, the lucky winner is number seven who is my very sweet friend Sharon from Mom Generations. Please email me your address and I'll get your Visa card off to you ASAP. You can get to the email from my profile. Thank you to everyone who entered.

What was it? It was my daughter's calf and ankle with the patio table top reflecting on her. A couple of you were so close.

I cracked up the other night. My daughter's boyfriend works for his uncle who owns one of the local funeral homes. He had been downstate for a pick up and stopped over when he got home. Here is the hearse in my driveway. I had to take the picture because this was a first. The funny thing was my neighbor across the street standing on her porch talking on the phone. Can't you just hear that conversation? I'm sure she thought one of us was dead.

What are your thoughts on garage sales? Is it worth my while or should I just give it to the resale shop? I've been cleaning all these closets and I have a ton of stuff. It's mostly not junk. Pretty good stuff, just stuff I don't need. Most of it is stufff I forgot I had. I'm going by the Clean Sweep guys rules. If you haven't used it in six months, you don't need it. Most of this stuff I haven't seen in years.

That's it for now. I hope everyone has a great weekend. It's our first weekend since the end of May that we don't have something going on. The weather is supposed to be good, so I just plan to relax and hangout. Bye!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats to Sharon, who is so deserving of this gift card. I was close to guessing the fern on the body part! What a neat picture. How funny about the hearse in your driveway. Wanna hear something, I have always wanted to work at a funeral home. I'm wierd like that! That is some fancy hearse! Nice and new. I bet your neighbors were peeled to the windows. LOL.
    As for the yard sale idea, I would highly recommend it since you are off in the summertime. You would not believe, I made money for my vacation in just 1 day putting stuff out that only took me a few nights to gather up. You can buy the pre-priced stickers at Wal-mart and it saves time. Just put you out some tables and you would be so suprised what people buy. I only put out 1 sign at the end of my street and it brings them in. The best days to have them are Wed thru Sun. You could make you enough money to buy that new wardrobe of smaller sizes you need for school! Let me know when you have it so I can stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratualtions to Sharon......Hoping to get back to some blog reading this summer....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the best laugh out of that hearse picture. Yes, imagine your neighbor's reaction to seeing that in the driveway. LOL!!! Glad you have a calm weekend ahead. Try to get some rest and relaxation. That was a neat picture! I knew it had something to do with ferns. Yes, I can't wait to get home and see my market basket. I am going to love it!! I know you are really enjoying yours. Thanks again for your part in us winning!! Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you have a garage sale I'll help you get it together. Maybe I could take a peak at what your getting rid of first. Who knows, it could look nice in my house :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for enlightening us on the mystery picture. I definitely wouldn't have guessed shadows on your daughter's leg. (Who has legs that pretty?) lol I've never had a garage sale either although I've thought about it a lot. I think you should go ahead and do it. Any extra money at all would be a plus and you'd be doing a lot of local people a favor who need and are looking for bargains. Just be sure to let us know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since I live in your house, if I help you may I take part in selling my junk as well??? haha

    Yay to Sharon! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!