Wednesday, July 15, 2009

You Capture/Shapes

You Capture this week is shapes. I thought you might like to see the shapes of my self imposed torture. I have circles and rectangles. I guess I shouldn't really say torture, even though sometimes it feels that way. I made a commitment to changing my lifestyle a few months ago (thanks to the Sisterhood) and I've lost just over ten pounds. I feel really good about this. I have a long way to go, but I think I am off to a good start. If you notice the circles, I am up to eight pound weights. I started out with three pound. In the rectangles, you will see the famous Jillian Michaels from Biggest Loser fame. There are days that I want to reach in that tv and punch her in the face, but she has done a lot for me.



It's time for you to head over to the You Capture homepage and see all the other shapes that people have captured. I'm excited to check it out. There were so many ways to go with this challenge. I want to thank Beth for starting this challenge. I think it has really made me a better photographer. I put so much more thought into my pictures now. It's just too bad that the assignment this week wasn't baseball. I have some great shots from the Cubs game I went to. See you all next week!















22 comments:

  1. Cute captures!!! Oh, and congrats on the weight-loss. I know it is so tough!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to double-interpret this week! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you! Combing the Sisterhood and You Capture all in one post. I'm in awe of the 8 pound weights. I could barely make it through with 5-pounders. You're arms must be filled with awesome muscles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go on your "You Capture" picture. It looks great!! Congratulations on your weight loss. Keep up the good work! Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the 10 pounds!!! Functional You Capture - practical! I love it! You'll be really ready for the self portrait when Beth decides to drop that one on us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great take on this week's theme! You're so creative and your 'shape' pictures are great! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on the photos and the weight loss - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great, meaningful captures! And CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations and great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your interpretation of this challenge! I've been wanting to try the EA Active for the Wii-how is it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictures of shapes girl, and now you have me curious to watch your workout so I can get motivated. When can I come over for a lesson? Will you be my Jillian? I have 1 year to lose 50 lbs. I really want to do it. I have a bet going with my brother-in-law that I will lose if he quits smoking and he agreed to it. I can't lose this bet, but I know I will feel so much better, bet or no bet. I am so proud of you! I need to get me a Wii Fit. I will put it on my Birthday list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on getting in shape! I really need to get motivated - I see a Wii FIt in my futre.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job and congrats!
    P.S. That first picture looks very familiar. Except all Wii stuff is flung about the living room. Ah, the joys of toddlerhood...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your weight loss and what an interesting way to look at shape.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so proud of you!! Love your take on shapes! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. great job on the weight loss! i need to do the same thing. keep up the good work :O)

    i didn't post this week, but feel free to come on over and visit anyway :O)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!