Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Final Weigh In

It's the final weigh in for the Shrinking Days of Summer at the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans. I had very high hopes for this challenge. I did okay, but I was hoping for more.

I lost 1.1 pounds this week. That's not bad. I finally broke through the one pound rut I had been in for several weeks. I lost 6.8 total pounds for the challenge. Unfortunately, I forgot to measure when this challenge started. I did that before the last challenge. Maybe if I had done that I would feel a little prouder now. I am proud of the weight loss, but like I said, I was hoping for more.

One thing I learned in this challenge was that I do better when I am working. I have a schedule and I stick to it. Not so much during the summer. I can go most of the day and then realize that I have only had a bottle of water and a diet coke. I have learned that you have to eat if you want to lose weight.

The good news is that I earned my 10# loss badge during this challenge. I'm very happy about that. Being on a team this time helped me. I was not only accountable to myself, but to my team. There were many times that I might have eaten that ice cream or had that drink if it wasn't for them. They are an awesome bunch of women. If we have teams on the next challenge, I hope I get as good a group.

So, that's the scoop. The next challenge will start in a few weeks. I'll be back to work shortly after that. Maybe the next challenge will be my saving grace. One of these days, I'll get that old body back. You just wait and see!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Mom!!! You did amazing and i'm so proud of you. A weight loss of 6.8 pounds is definately something for you to be proud of too. It's a very noticeable change. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooo proud of you! You should be very proud of yourself. Summertime is the hardest time to lose weight for me. I need the accountability, so can I be on your team the next challenge? I am getting myself pumped up to eat better and I am picking Aug.1 as my start day. My Birthday is July 30, so I will go out with a bang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, am so very proud of you! It's funny, because as I was reading your post, I was sitting at my computer devouring crackers and hummus. I was STARVING, and then I remembered that I had 2 of my grandsons overnight and 3 of them all morning, then 4 of them until just now. It is 2:45, and I made sure they had breakfast, lunch, snacks and drinks... but I hadn't eaten a thing. That's when I grab stuff. Any stuff. If chocolate chips had been closer to my fingertips, I'd be eating those right now. You are so correct about schedules. Eating has to be on schedule. For you to have lost 6+ pounds is amazing... especially in the summer when the is just so much to eat and drink and so much time to do it in!! Let me know when the next challenge begins!! I need YOUR motivation!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm confident you'll get your old body back and in the meantime, how wonderful that you're going in the right direction. I'd give anything if I could say the same thing. So, good for you! You did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Its a great reason to celebrate (and stick with it.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi... Yes, being a grandma is the best thing ever! Good luck in your challenge with weight loss... I should join you! I just can't seem to motivate myself to EXERCISE! I want to... but I hate trying to fit it in my day. I will check out this challenge and join along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... Nancy... I have to comment again. Our lives are so, so, similar. Ready for this? I, too, have 4 children, 2 girls, 2 boys, married 30 yrs, and taught preschool (16 years), retired this past year, now I just teach a music class in between am and pm sessions called Music In Motion, Isn't that funny! Your daughters are beautiful and the grand girls are so sweet. I also love you header line about the moments!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!