Saturday, December 12, 2009

Happy "55"!

Friday was my 55th birthday. It was a really great day. It started out very quiet. I was the only one in the house awake. I went to work and got so many wonderful presents. Everything from workout clothes to handmade jewelry. At 5:30, I went to my daughter's house for my surprise. That was what I was told by my three year old granddaughter. It was a surprise and she wasn't talking. We got there and I was greeted with flying streamers and many yells of surprise and it just kept getting better.

We had a great quitar player.


We had a princess.

We had an acrobat.

We even had dancing girls!

We had yummy roasted vegetable pizza and lots of snackies.

There were lots of presents and every one of them was something I asked for.


There was chocolate eclair cake with candles and helpers to blow them out.
(Don't ask me how, but the picture for this just disappeared and I can't find it!)

There were lots of smiles and laughter. It was a great surprise. I was told I would love it and I did. I have the best family ever. Everyone was there except my daughters boyfriend who is still down at Purdue. He called though.


This is my daughter, the hostess. She does way too much. She has a three year old and a one year old and is 20 weeks pregnant. I should be doing for her, not vice versa. My youngest daughter gave her lots of help, so that made me proud and happy. Like I have said many times before, I have amazing kids! This was a great birthday and being 55 is better than I could have dreamed. Maybe I'll even do that half marathon. I've been giving that lots and lots of thought. We even discussed it at the party. I'll let you know when I decide.


Lastly, thank you to all my friends who left me birthday wishes on my blog, email and Facebook. It made the day even more special. You are the best!


13 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday, lady! Sounds like it was fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love visiting your blog, hearing your music, seeing the radiant faces of your beautiful family, and...I even love the "endpaper" paper, Nancy!

    So delighted to hear you had a wonderful birthday!
    My favorite parts are the guitarist and dancing girls! Roast veggie pizza is very cool, too! You do have wonderful daughters; they are so much like YOU!

    Happy year 55, Nancy!

    All the best to you and your family,
    Deb Tonner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday!

    In the picture with you and Dad, the younger child looks kind of like a Potter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, you look so happy in all these pictures!! What a great "surprise"! The best is yet to be...

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way...Great saying on the shirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect birthday! Your smile tells a million stories and the smiles all around you tell even more! My wish for you is that your 55th year is as perfect as your 55th day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous birthday you had! Your family is great and the love they have for you is amazing. That pizza looks so good. So glad it was just what you thought it would be, a great 55th.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Friday was MY mom's 55th birthday too! I swear to goodness!!!! How crazy!! Happy happy birthday to you!!! It looks like you were surrounded by lots of love! (Was that a one more mile shirt I saw up there??) Happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh I am so happy to hear you had a fabulous birthday. Your photos show a happy celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could I be any more white??? It's a nice picture of us, though :) We had a great time planning and decorating that day. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. After days away, I'm finally able to blog again. Yeah!

    I'm so glad your birthday was special...just like YOU!

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful day and wonderful post. It was so heartwarming and touching from the beginning of the day until the end of the party. I hope you do the half marathon. I think it would be an inspiration to a lot of us and a real milestone for you. And all the pictures were great! You sure know how to blog! (Oh, and you look fabulous!)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!