Thursday, November 26, 2009

And For This I Am Truly Thankful!

Four years ago today, my daughter married this wonderful man. They didn't want a conventional wedding, so to speak. They were married by a justice of the peace at the hall where they had the reception. The attire was casual. The menu was vegetarian (except for the chicken that I was able to convince them of the morning of the wedding). People were encouraged to go in the bar and check on the Notre Dame game during the reception. It was different from any wedding I had been to before, but it was perfect. It was them, it was special and I loved every minute of it. Fast forward four years. This is them today. They have had their ups and downs like any married couple, but they are happy and healthy and what mother could ask for more than that. They are each others best friend. They have fun together.
As a mother, I couldn't be happier to have this man in my daughter's life. He is a perfect fit in our family. We are blessed that he became a part of all our lives.
And for this, I am truly thankful!
Happy Anniversary!!
I love you both with all my heart!!!

9 comments:

  1. How perfect for Thanksgiving! You truly are blessed with your children and children-in-law. But most of all I love this heartfelt tribute to your daughter and son-in-law - from beginning to end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! What a wonderful couple! I know you are proud of them. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute couple!! Your girls are all so beautiful Nancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love their wedding story... their smiles then and now tell a lifetime of stories, with many more chapters to come! I love it when lovers follow their path to eternity! Happy Happy Anniversary to your beautiful daughter and son-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary to the cute couple!

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweetest of posts! What a lucky daughter (and son-in-law) you have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary to a very cute couple. I like how they had the kind of wedding they wanted and that's all that counts. You are blessed to have such great guys for your daughter's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful post! I pray for LL's wife and sure hope I am a gracious and supportive mother-in-law like you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!