Sunday, November 22, 2009

Life Was Good Today!

It was a girls day. My six girls and I headed out to the local feed and garden center to meet Benny the Turkey. Because the littlest angel decided to sleep for the trip and had to be carried, I only have a picture of five of the girls and me. I would have liked to get a shot of the six girls. We learned some neat things about turkeys. Did you know that their head turns colors? We saw it go from red to white to blue and back to red again. It was pretty cool.
Somebody had a pretty good time with her aunt to protect her.

This is Benny the Turkey.
This is what the littlest angle did for the outing. Hey, when you're tired, you're tired.
We stopped to see the koi pond.
This one is for you, Mary!

We always have time for a pose or two.

Then we started running and jumping from hay bale to hay bale, so it was time to go.
We said good bye to Benny and off we went.
The littlest angel finally woke up when we got back to grandma's house. She doesn't even know what she missed. Maybe we can go back before the holiday, so she can see too.
So yes, life was good today. The weather was perfect and so was the company.
I love my girls with all my heart. In my book, they are perfect.

13 comments:

  1. Nancy... great pictures! Your oldest granddaughter looks alot like you! I did not know that about turkeys! Benny sure is huge! I hope he makes it thru Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was ready to pull a "Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving" and try to smuggle Benny out under my jacket. I'm glad I got to tag along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pictures! I love the pose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had seen the trailers for so long I was afraid I would be disappointed....BUT NOT at all.....
    I love Tim McGraw...(most women do envy Faith a bit) but he has great chemistry with Sandra B
    Wonderful story.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it was a wonderful day! Such but pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute photos, especially that last one of the littlest angel...she is adorable. What a fun outing! No, I didn't know that about a turkey head. Weird.

    Happy Thanksgiving sweet friend!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had such a fun day with your girls!!! That turkey is neat. I bet it was fun to see in person. Happy Thanksgiving!! Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love days like those!!! looks like you guys all had a blast making memories!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Nancy, I love this post. The pictures are amazing, the story is heartwarming, and you mentioned my name! I'm so honored.
    BTW, I'm familiar with those koi and that incredible koi pond. I can't believe it looks so good for this time of year!
    Thanks for sharing your day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Benny is so cute and what a great outing with all your girls. You are so blessed girlfriend! And I know you didn't mind holding the sleeping angel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your girls are perfect in ALL books! I love these photos... they are life and happiness and love all rolled together!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like FUN!
    I love Benny! Does he come with dressing?
    :O

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!