Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Weigh In/ Week 2

Week two and it's not great. I'm up .1 pounds. It's okay though. I can live with that. I thought I would have lost something. I thought I did pretty well this week. Just goes to show how wrong I can be.

I love the new challenge!! I've been wearing a pedometer for the last few weeks. I like the incentive it gives me. I try to get 10,000 steps a day which converts to five miles. If I see that I'm lagging behind, I get up and walk. If I'm at work, I'll walk up and down the hall while I'm waiting for a child in the bathroom. I like to walk on the treadmill while I watch tv at night. This challenge has made me strive to get more than 10,00 steps. It's only day three, but I'm doing pretty good. Well past 10,000 the first two days and a little past as I sit and type this on day three.

If I have anything to say about it, I'll be posting a loss next week. This is going to be my best challenge yet. That is my promise to myself. My birthday falls during this challenge and my present to myself is to do the best I can possibly do. I'm shooting for 15 pounds. If they can lose double digits in a week on Biggest Loser, I should be able to do it in seven weeks. At least that's one womans opinion.

5 comments:

  1. You are an inspriation to me. You are doing great! I have to go out today and buy me a pedometer and get walking. I was at Curves this morning at my 6am workout and the 2nd time around got so tired and what got me thru was thinking of Sharon and her pole dancing. You and Sharon have made such an impact on my fitness/weight loss journey. Thanks friend! We will both have a loss next week, I feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea... the pedometer. I need to get myself one of these little suckers! I think I will get one for my Mom, too! She loves to walk and thinks she doesn't walk far. She lives in a big senior citizen complex and she walks every day from one end to the other. One length is 1/4 mile. She does 4 laps every day!!!! She is 84.5 years old!!!! A pedometer would PROVE to her how great she is doing... and if she uses her walker, she even walks farther!!!! Isn't it amazing how far we walk if we are conscious of it?! When I visit Janie is NYC, I walk everywhere. That would really make me feel like I've accomplished something. Also, Barry and I live right downtown in our town... where there are LOTS of restaurants and little bars. Hey... walking to one of them is worth an extra beer!!!! Right???? You and Rhonda keep me on my toes and keep me laughing!!!! I love you two!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are inspiring me...I need to get a GOOD pedometer...whats the best kind....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Up one tenth of a pound is almost the same as a loss to me because when I'm not working at it, I gain wait constantly and unconsciously. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!