My first thought about todays weigh in was to not post. I was pretty sure it was going to be bad. I was right. I gained 1.2 pounds. I know all the reasons I gained too. Here they are...
1. I discovered fried pickles at a local bar and I had them four times in six days.
2. Each time I ate the pickles, I had at least one bacardi and diet, but never more than two.
3. I have some weird thing going on with my wrist. My friends at work have diagnosed it as carpal tunnel. What ever it is, I am having an awful time doing anything with my wrist. Typing this is taking forever because I am doing it with only my left hand.
4. Have you tried to shred without your right wrist? The push ups, the weights. Not good. I've been dealing with this for the last four days.
5. Because I walked six miles (although the paper said six and a half miles) on Sunday, I didn't do anything else that day.
Are you getting the picture of why I gained this week? I know exactly why I gained but, I was bummed. But...two things happened to give me back some incentive for next week.
First, I was emailing back and forth with Christy last night and she put it back in perspective for me. Tomorrow starts a new day and a new week for me. What happened this week is over and I can have a fresh start tomorrow. Everyone has bad weeks and this is my turn. I can do great next week if I really try and I am going to really try.
Second, one of my very favorite little guys at school made me smile so big today and gave me another incentive to start over. Some of you know Racecar. We were walking down the hall from the bathroom and he said I looked different. I just got a haircut so I said, "I think it's my hair.". He said "No, you are a different size. You're getting skinny". We stopped right then and there and I gave him a big hug and thanked him and told him he made my day. I have a sneaking suspision that his mommy Beth put him up to it, but I don't care. It was just what I needed.
So, to quote Scarlet O'Hara, "Tomorrow is another day". It's my day to get back on track. I have to figure out what I can do that won't involve my wrist too much, but I'll figure it out. Thank you so much Christy and Racecar!!! You have no idea how much you have helped me.
One last thing. One little question. Do I have to give back my five pound button?