Friday, April 3, 2009

Saturday School

I have to go to work tomorrow morning. We are having a make up snow day on Saturday. There are two ways to look at this. First, it sure beats having to come back to school the second week in June. Second, it sucks to have to go to school on Saturday. I work at a preschool that is part of a catholic school which means that we have school too. I'm pretty sure that none of the other preschools in town are making up any of the snow days. We are making up all of them. Our parents can't say they didn't get their monies worth. As much as it sounds like I'm bitching, I'm kind of looking forward to it. We have planned a really fun Easter themed morning for the kids. I'll let you know later if it was fun or I hated going to school on Saturday. I'm really anxious to see how many kids we actually have. We sent out a note with a response section. As of the end of school today, we were having 24 kids. I know Racecar is going to be there and I hear he is excited about it. I'm excited too. I think it is going to be a lot of fun. Oh, I forgot to tell you that the kids only have to come a half day. We have to stay for meetings. Lucky us!

4 comments:

  1. My two older kids are at school now (but no preschool). I have really gotten limited done and realize that it will be less than an hour before my elem. son is home. He was SOOOO made about going, that we had to bribe him with some grandma time if he promised to quit threatening to miss the bus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I teach in a church pre-school too, but since we don't have upper grades, we don't have to make up our snow days. Hopefully your day will be fun and you won't mind being there too much. I was glad to be out of school this week, because we have had rain for weeks and our kids have been so WILD!!! They are precious children, but just need to get outside and run around. After school on April 9th, I will be off for a week for Easter/spring break. YEA!!! I can't wait.
    Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Saturday school would suck, but I'm also thinking that I'd rather do Saturday school than be in school until June 12th, which is how long it'll take us to make up our days. I wish our school system would be more forward thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon - Mom GenerationsApril 5, 2009 at 9:10 AM

    When I was a teacher, one year we had enormous amounts of snow, and the decision was made to come in for 2 days of each of 2 vacations... Monday and Tuesday. That way we made up 4 days before the end of the year. Parents were outraged, teachers were outraged... but we did it. I taught high school, so most of the kids did come, and it worked out pretty well. I'm looking forward to hearing about how your day went with the kids and their Easter fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!