Saturday, January 24, 2009

Birthdays and Things

Yesterday was my husband's birthday. I took him out for a nice dinner and then met a friend of his for a drink to kill time while the kids worked on a surprise at the house. They hung tons of balloons with some of their favorite dad memories written on them. He was surprised and impressed. Our oldest granddaughter helped him blow out his candles and open his gifts. It was a fun night and I think he had a pretty good time.

Our son-in-laws fourth book of poetry is due out in a week or so and his first novel was just accepted by a publisher. We are very proud. You can check him out on Amazon or his website http://ww.freewebs.com/ryansteinbeck/.

If you remember last weekend, my daughter wanted to go to visit her boyfriend at Purdue. We put our foot down on travel when it was such rotten weather. This weekend we caved and she made it down there just fine. Now, I just have to worry about her getting home safely. Atleast I don't have to have to start thinking about that till tomorrow afternoon.

I have to be at school tomorrow. It's the annual open house and registration for next year. Although I don't relish the thought of working on Sunday, I do love to meet the new kids who come to sign up and visit. This year, I get to be in the classroom instead of doing the actual sign ups. That will be fun.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!