Friday, September 14, 2012

Five Question Friday

Friday, September 14, 2012



1. How long did it take for you to find your wedding dress? (Wedding dress pics anyone?)
I actually found my wedding dress at the first place I looked. I got it at Carson Pirie Scott in Michigan City, Indiana in 1973. I was just 18 years old and obviously not very picky. Look at that dress. It so 1970's! Even though I was only 18, we did not have to get married. It was totally our choice. Our first child wasn't born till two years after we were married. I was 20 years old then.

2. Someone in your general vicinity releases NASTY smelling gas. Do you say anything or blow it off?
I would be dying to say something, but I never would. That would be totally rude.

3. What is the scariest thing that happened to you or scared you recently?
I was walking with a friend the other night and it was getting darker by the minute. As we passed by some bushes, something rustled inside them and we ran like little kids. Scared the crap out of me. The next night, we walked in the grass as we passed those bushes again.

4. Favorite brand and flavor of ice cream.
Edy's Limited Edition for summer...Coconut Pineapple

5. Are you able to sleep well in hotels?
I have a hard time falling asleep in a hotel, but once I fall asleep I am good for the night usually.

I saw this at Love Being a Nonny and decided to give it a try. Thanks, Angela.

Who has big plans for the weekend? Hope you all have fun!

3 comments:

  1. We have a lot in common!!! Glad you joined in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been playing 5QF for a while now; fun isn't it?

    And if I'd been passing by bushes rustling in the dark, in addition to running like a little girl, I might've even peed my pants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I got my wedding dress at Schneider's Bridal shop in Hammond, which is now closed. I think I paid around $150 for it. I was also 18 when I got married and had Steph at age 20.
    2. No, I would not say anything about the gas, cause I have colitis and I have probably been the one to pass gas..LOL.
    3. Scariest thing would be when my sister and I were young and living in Chicago, walking back from the library. Some older boys were in a group and started following us home and we started running and darting down allies and one of the boys had a knife. I thought for sure we were done for. But, we lost them and everything turned out ok.
    4. Favorite ice cream that I can't have anymore because of nuts is: Baskin Robbins Pistachio almond...or Coconut or Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia...
    5. It's hard to fall asleep in hotels for me. I need ear plugs to tune out everything. The slightest noise wakes me up.
    I had a layed back weekend...lots of laying on the couch trying to get this colon feeling better. Glad I didn't have any big plans.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!