Friday, September 21, 2012

Back on Vacation / Diamond Lake

Barely a week after we got home from our east coast trip, we were on our way to Diamond Lake, Michigan for a big family vacation.  This is the second year that we have gone to the lake with our kids and grand kids and my sister and brother-in-law and their kids and grand kids.  It is laid back and relaxing there.  Everything that our first trip wasn't.  Our summer vacations had the best of both worlds.. In no particular order, welcome to vacation part 2.

If the lake fairy came and granted me one wish, it would be that this would be our house on the lake.  I love the porches.
This is the house we actually rent.  It's really nice.  
Our nephew rented a kayak for the week and lots of people had a blast with it.  I was not one of those people, but Natalie sure was.  
Here is Myles jumping off the boat while we waited for the fireworks to start at the county fair.
We convinced mom to come up for a day.  It was nice for her to relax for a change.
Abby, Sarah and Katie.  I wish that Cindy would come up sometime.
This is what you get when you say "crazy picture" to my family.
Nick and Sarah, Myles and Abby and Mark and Kate.
Our family minus Cindy and Ryan.
My little stud muffin!
Oh captain, my captain.
Score!
The traditional "scare the crap out of grammy" picture.
Our nightly campfire.  Nobody seemed to care that it was in the 90's.
Jack was loving helping poppa drive the boat.
These three loved the boat.

We had a great time and my sister already reserved the house for next year.

1 comment:

  1. You are so blessed to be able to do this with your whole family (well almost everyone). What an amazing place! You are one lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!