Friday, March 12, 2010

I'm Going Running with the Irish!

Tomorrow is my Running with the Irish 5k. This is a fundraiser for the school I work at. I have walked it every year so far. I think this is the 10th year. This year, I am going to try to run the whole thing. I have enlisted one of my friends to run with me. I actually have two, but the one says there is no way she is coming if it rains. They are predicting 45 degrees and rain. I am not made of sugar, so I won't melt. Lucky for me, my other friend thinks the same way I do. It may be a mess to run in, but I am going to give it all I've got. My girls at the Sisterhood would expect nothing less. Wish me luck. I'm taking the camera and I'll tell you all about it. Here's the link to my post from last years race. It is http://bacardimama.blogspot.com/2009/03/runnin-with-irish.html

5 comments:

  1. Good luck O'Nancy.... may the luck of the Irish be with you and let the sun shine on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, hope you have a great race....Can't wait to see pictures of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NANCY... I WILL BE THINKING OF YOU ALL DAY! MY MOM IS 100% IRISH (this makes me HALF IRISH, HALF POLISH!), AND I TRULY BELIEVE IN THE LUCK 'O THE IRISH. I'M SENDING SHAMROCK WISHES YOUR WAY! KICK SOME LEPRECHAUN BUTT! I LOVE "I'M NOT MADE OF SUGAR"!!!!! IT IS A LOVELY RIDE, MY DEAR FRIEND... I HOPE YOU CAN HEAR ME CHEERING ON FROM RHODE ISLAND!!!! LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have an awesome time! Kudos for you for not letting ol'mother nature get you down. Go Team Irish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go girlfriend! I love your spirit.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!