Monday, May 28, 2012

Who'd Have Thunk It?

Who would have ever thought that 41 years ago today would have been the start of this beautiful, wonderful family?  Certainly not me.  I was a 16 year old crazy sophomore in high school and the last thing I was thinking about was marriage.  He was 19 and out of school year and working in the construction field.

I have a crazy busy day ahead and don't have time to write the whole story, but I did once before.  Please click on the link and read how it all came down.  I love the story.  It was so simple, but all these years later, I still love him with all my heart.
http://www.bacardimama.blogspot.com/2011/05/it-was-40-years-ago-today.html

I have to get workout clothes on and "Run the Hood" with the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans.  I'll be walking the Hood, but it still counts.  Then I have to get grocery, do laundry, some of the kids and grandkids are coming to go in the pool, address invitations to a birthday party, do laundry, etc, etc, etc. 

See why I don't have time for a big new post? 

Happy Memorial Day, my friends.  Hope you make it a good one and remember what it's really all about.

p.s.  There are four grown up in-laws that go with this group.  Four wonderful men who love our daughters with all their hearts.  Who knows what they will be writing 30 or 40 years down the road about their love stories. 

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary Nancy! I love your LOVE story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! That is a great picture of your girls and grands!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!