Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Sharing our Spoons / Week 3
Sharing our Spoons. Have you joined in yet? Here's how I did on my goals from last week...
1. Physical: I want to add walking to my fitness routine. I think I'll start with three days and three miles. Sounds like a goal I can do. I got in two days and three miles, so I'll call that a good start. I did a zumbathon on Friday night and danced for two and a half hours, so maybe that can make up that third day for me.
2. Mental/Emotional: This week, I want to show some patience and not speak any negative thoughts to my husband or family. I give this one a 50/50 score. It's a lot harder than it sounded.
3. Spiritual: We have a little chapel on the campus where I teach. I want to spend some time there after work a few days. Seeing how I didn't define how much time "some time" was, we can call this good too. Only one trip, but it was very peaceful and quiet.
4. Something Fun: I want to go to the beach with my husband for sunset. I'll take the camera (of course), but mostly I'll just enjoy the calm and time alone with him. Unfortunately, this was a total fail. It was such a busy week, it just didn't happen. It will though!
5. Bonus: Comfort Zone/ It is supposed to be hot here this week. This may sound really stupid to some of you, but I am going to wear a sleeveless top to work. I hate my flabby upper arms and never wear sleeveless, so this is a big deal for me. Hope I survive it. Not only did I wear a sleeveless top more than once, I bought three new ones.
Goals for week 4.....
1. Physical: On May 28, I am doing the virtual 5k with the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans. I am a contributing writer there. I don't plan to run it because I really hate running as much as it hates me. What I would like though is to walk it in under 45 minutes.
2. Mental/Emotional: Because last week didn't go as well as I had hoped, I'm going to once again try to show patience and not speak any negative thoughts to my husband or family.
3. Spiritual: I am going to read the book "Prayers with Purpose for Women".
4. Something Fun: Because it was a total fail last week, I will once again keep the same goal. I want to go to the beach with my husband for sunset.
5. Bonus: Comfort Zone: Drawing attention to myself is something I rarely do. It's just not me. Once a year, I do just that though and this happens to be the week. Thursday is Preschool Olympics and I am the lucky teacher who runs in and lights the olympic torch. It might not sound like much to you, but I do this in front of 72 preschoolers and 60 or 70 adults. I find it intimidating!
So...those are my new goals for the upcoming week. Check back next Tuesday and see how it went.