Sunday, April 24, 2011

So Lucky!



More than once today, I realized how truly lucky I am.

I spent part of Easter morning in church with my family and I was so proud. But even more, I felt blessed. I was with two of my daughters, a son-in-law and my three beautiful healthy grandchildren. How could you top that?

Later in the day, I was at my mom's house for dinner with my extended family. Once again, we had more beautiful healthy children. It is something that I don't take for granted. I know how quickly that can all change.

I lost a baby to miscarriage many years ago. There isn't a holiday that goes by that I don't wonder how our lives would be different if that baby had lived. Was it a boy or a girl? Would it have dark hair and eyes like our girls? What would he/she be doing with their life now? Would we have more grandchildren? That baby would be 30 now.

I know families who lost their babies later in their pregnancy. They knew what sex they were. They were able to cuddle them and say goodbye. No matter when or how you lose a child, it is devastating.

I am in the final week of fundraising for my March for Babies walk. The March of Dimes helps so many families in so many ways to cope with loss. They also help even more families fight to save their children from illnesses. The money raised for the walk is invaluable.

I think this is one of the most important things that I do in the course of a year. It is a cause that is very close to my heart.

If you would like to help Team James and Jake reach their team goal of $5000, please click on the widget in the sidebar and donate. No amount is too small.

Please help us. It will make you feel good. I promise.

1 comment:

  1. I miscarried my first baby and had LL almost exactly to the day a year later. he must carry a piece of his brother/sister with him. We are supporters of the March of Dimes. Such an important organization!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!