A new challenge starts today over the the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans.
It's called the Shrinking Days of Summer.
This challenge is eight weeks long. We are starting today and ending on July 21st. Weigh in will be on Wednesday as usual. We will have mini challenges every week to work on that will be fitness-related, health-related, mental well-being or whatever. We will have from Sunday to Saturday to work on them. There is also going to be a new "family" challenge that is going to start and run with this challenge. We'll get details on that later.
I weighed in this morning and I am a little disgusted with myself. I wasn't expecting much because things around here have been crazy and I've done little to nothing in the fitness area. I couldn't even tell you the last time I exercised in earnest. I fell asleep last night waiting for the tworkout to start and woke up after it was over. I haven't missed a tworkout in ages. I was not happy. I missed the season finale tworkout!!!!!
So, here's my plan for this challenge.......
1. Exercise no less than five days a week, but shoot for six.
2. Get back to drinking a decent amount of water every day.
3. Try to stay focused with getting more sleep at not.
4. Exercise first thing in the morning. That way, I have no excuses for not doing it.
5. Eat right. I have been toying with joining Weight Watchers online. Now that they are doing the family challenge with us, I'm thinking about it more. What do you people who are on it think about it. Is counting points nerve wracking or is it hard to figure out? Give me some feedback please.
6. Do every mini challenge!
7. Walk every Friday with my friends Mary and Rhonda. This is going to be fun. Every week, one of us is picking the place to walk. Being we all live in a different city, we'll be seeing places that we may not have known about. We are even talking about taking the train into Chicago and walking the city.
That is my plan ladies. I still have the last week of school to get through. I'll do my best till it's over, but come June 4th, I'll be blazing a new trail of glory. I am going to do this. I feel so much better when I do things right. And why wouldn't I want to feel good when I am off for the summer. I think that is a no brainer.