Sunday, April 11, 2010

I'm Walking with Team James and Jake

It's only two weeks until the March for Babies six mile walk and I'm still $130.00 from my goal. I'm walking with the Fletcher family. You can read Beth's post from the two year anniversary of the day they lost their sweet twin boys, James and Jake at 19 weeks gestation. This is the third year that Team James and Jake is walking. They did their first walk just two months after the boys died. I can't even imagine the courage that took for them to do the walk. Imagine how raw the feelings had to be then. But they did it. It was a way to honor their precious sons and help other babies in the process. I did my first walk with them last year and it was pure inspiration. This years walk is going to be amazing. The Fletcher family welcomed a beautiful, healthy son named Elijah Harrison to their family on March 29th and he is going to be at the walk with his mommy Beth, daddy Brian, big sister Anna and big brother Noah. I can't wait to meet Eli in person because his pictures are adorable. I also have no doubt that Eli was guided on his journey here by his big brothers James and Jake. They knew how important he was to his family and they made sure Eli was safe and perfect.
This is a picture of our Team James and Jake last year. We were a great team. I hope you will see fit to help me meet my goal for this year. Any size donation will be greatly appreciated by me, Team James and Jake and the March of Dimes. Just click on the March of Dimes widget in my sidebar to donate. Thank you so much.

5 comments:

  1. Amazing Post! You summed it all up perfectly. I know you will reach your goal. I still have to work on reaching mine. I am really looking forward to walking by your side again this year and meeting baby Eli.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I am crossing my fingers that your baby grandson is born before the walk...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heathy babies... here's to them!! You are amazing Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reminder! I can't believe it's only two weeks away already. Great post and I'll be back to help a little!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!