Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Shrink-A-Versary

It's the one year anniversary of the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans!
In true sister fashion, there is a fantastic new challenge to go with it.
Starting today, we are going to begin the shrinking part. This is where I am supposed to tell you my starting weight. I'm just not comfortable throwing that number out there. Maybe one day when I get down to where I want to be, I'll tell you all where I started.
November 9th starts the fitness challenge. I swear that this challenge was made for me. We are lacing up our walking/running shoes and hitting the pavement. I think a lot of my miles will be logged on the treadmill. It's getting to be the time of year here when I leave for work just after it gets light and I get home shortly before it gets dark. I don't like walking by myself in the dark. I'm a big baby. Any outside walking will have to be done on the weekend. Whatever. It doesn't matter where you log the miles, just as long as you do them. I will be logging lots of miles. I really love to walk. It's my thing!
November 1st starts the really fun part of the Shrink-A-Versary. Every day in November is giveaway day at the Sisterhood. Thirty days of prizes! Who could ask for more?
My goal is to lose 15 pounds during this challenge. Lofty goal, but I think I'm ready.
I am ready. Let's get this party started!!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great challenge! I know you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am raising a glass to our challenge and success we are going to have! I am so pumped girlfriend! Maybe we could meet sometime during our busy schedule and walk. I have my Curves meeting tonight to sign up. I need to get a pedometer that works to track my miles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Rhonda... I'm raising my glass right now! I've been crazy busy the last few days with my grandkids and kids and my mom, but I did squeeze in 2 runs this week. Here's to a new month. Here's to women. Here's to challenges. Here's to great, great friends. Here's to YOU! And here's to Fall's last beautiful colors, which you captured beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to have to check this out..Good luck.You are a huge insperation to me..I need to get my shoes on and get my rear off the couch and WALK!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!