Sunday, October 7, 2012

Living Life in the Moment

Friday, I read a most amazing post over at the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans.  My friend Mel wrote a post that really got me thinking about how I live my life behind the camera.  I spend far too much time worrying about if my hair is fixed, if I have on make up and if I look too fat to be in front of the camera.  Some day, I'm not going to be here and my kids and grandkids aren't going to have any pictures of me with them. I am always the one taking the pictures.  That stops now.  I made a point of putting myself in the pictures this weekend.  They aren't great.  I didn't take them, so maybe they are a little blurry, but I don't care.  I am in them and was having a great time in front of the camera.  I plan to make this my goal for the rest of my life.  I will still take pictures because that is something I love to do, but I will also turn the camera over to other people to.  I will be in the pictures from now on.
Natalie spent the night on Friday and we just had fun. I let Abby take pictures of us.  Being happy. 
Loving on my precious girl.
 Being silly with my girl.
I let Natalie take pictures of Abby and I. 
A picture of my friend Vickie and I at the breast cancer walk.
A picture of me with our team for the walk, Vickie's Chickies!

The lessen for me in this past few days is that it doesn't matter one little bit what I look like in the pictures.  What matters is that I was in the picture and not behind the camera.  I was
"living life in the moment"
and I will continue to do that.  There is nothing more important than being present in your own life.  Thank you so much, Mel for this most important reminder. 

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! You're so right. Live life, enjoy the moments and document them when your can.

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this post and that I will see more of you in front of that camera!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!