Friday, March 25, 2011

The A B C's of Me

Bari had this on her blog and it looked like fun. I totally stole it from her, but she said it was okay. Here you have...
The A B C's of Me

Age: 56
Bed size: Queen.
Chore you hate: cleaning toilets
Dogs: We've had three. A beagle named Buckwheat, a mixed terrier named Freddy and a golden retriever named Jack. No dogs right now though.
Essential start of your day: a shower
Favorite color: Green
Gold or silver: Gold
Height: 5’7″ on my driver's license, but I think I may be shrinking.
Instruments I play (or have played): I am the most non musical person you will ever meet. Does a kazoo count?
Job title: Preschool Assistant Teacher
Kids: I have four daughters. They are ages 36, twins 27 and 23.
Live: Northwest Indiana
Mom’s name: Louise
Nickname: Don't have one unless you like "nanny goat" which my cousin used to call me when we were kids a long time ago.
Overnight hospital stays: Three births and a D&C.
Pet peeve: I have too MANY pet peeves. One of my biggest is people who say one thing, but totally mean another.
Quote from a movie: "As hard as you think it is going to be, you wind up wishing it were that easy." about parenting from Terms of Endearment or "Sometimes, you just have to say what the fuck" from Risky Business.
Right or left handed: Right
Siblings: I have two older sisters an one younger brother.
Time you wake up: The alarm goes off around 5:45, but I'm usually up on my own between 5:15 or 5:30.
Underwear: What about it? I wear it!
Vegetable you dislike: I hate okra!!! It looks like someone blew their nose in your food.
What makes you run late: The internet. I spend too much time checking Twitter, Facebook, emails and blogs,
X-rays you have had done: The only ones I remember are of my teeth and when I was going to give birth to twins, they took one to see if they were both head down.
Yummy food you make: I get the most requests for my stuffed jalapenos and baked beans.
Zoo animal: I love the penguins!

I won't care if you want to steal this from me. Just leave me a link to yours in the comments.

9 comments:

  1. I love the Risky Business quote! That is EXACTLY what I needed to see tonight :)

    I don't think I've ever had okra. Maybe fried, but then-everything tastes good fried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is fun! And I'd like to request your stuffed jalapenos and baked beans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want the stuffed jalapenos too@ I did not realize you had twin daughters! I love this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun blog post!! Gonna have to do this one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved reading and learning more about you in your ABC's of me :o) What a great idea! (Will want to keep that in mind for a future post :o) (How cool is that about your twins! I guess I never realized that you had twins!)

    It has been a very crazy, busy (some, not as fun...working crazy hours, some, lots of fun...spending a little of it with our younger daughter and her boyfriend when they were able to visit us)...so sorry I had not been by to visit you sooner...and did not reply back to your request to raise some money for March of Dimes. I am going to go there now :o)

    Blessings & Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally jumped aboard the bandwagon!

    http://ann-shesgonnablow.blogspot.com/2011/04/abcs-of-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE THIS! xo! (I also hate cleaning toilets!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi sweet friend!

    Gosh, I've had fun catching up with you tonight. It seems like FOREVER since I've had time to just read blogs and enjoy myself. Between our two weeks in California and then having two grandsons here for Spring Break, I seem to have gotten myself behind. Not anymore though. I'm BAAAACK!

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  9. just popping back over...hard to keep track if I did or not! Any ways, I posted my "ABCs of me" and posted a link back to you. So, if you would like to take a peek, please leave a comment so that I know you were there :o)

    Blessings & Aloha!
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!