Friday, February 19, 2010

Beautiful Blogger

Look what I got!


I received this lovely award from Chocolate Girl who just happens to be my beautiful daughter and LouAnn, a sweet blogging friend. I would like to thank them for thinking of me as beautiful.

I am supposed to list seven interesting things about myself. This could be a stretch. I'm not really all that interesting. but I'll give it a try.

1. I have met three famous people and had my picture taken with two of them. I met James Taylor, Jackson Browne and Dom Deluise. If you go to the very bottom of my blog page, you'll see the picture of James Taylor and I. I also had my picture taken with Dom Deluise and the girl I teach with. We met him at a book signing. Jackson Browne was not nearly as friendly. He stopped and talked, but there were no autographs or pictures. James Taylor signed my 8 track of Sweet Baby James and Dom Deluise signed my book. I almost got to meet Kenny Rogers and Garth Brooks when my friend worked for a country radio station. Security wasn't letting me in without my own press pass though. I did at least get an autographed picture of Garth.

2. I'm a decent photographer. I do use the term photographer loosely. I got a new Nikon D3000 for Christmas and I am really having a good time with it. I'm going to sound like a big dork, but some of my best shots are of birds.

3. Although I love to take pictures, I absolutely hate to have my own picture taken.

4. I gave up diet coke and bacardi for lent. Being I only drink bacardi and diet as my drink of choice, I guess I gave up drinking for lent. Now that I think of it, I have drank nothing but bacardi and diet for like 30 some odd years. I have had a random martini here and there, but I always go back to bacardi and diet. Wow, can you say boring?

5. I love to read. I'm not picky about what I read either. I am just as happy reading a magazine as I am reading an adult or childrens book.

6. If I had to pick between music and television, I'd pick music every time. I could live a long and happy life without tv, but never without music.

7. I realized this past year that I can't just wish myself thin. With the help of the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans, I have begun a real health and fitness routine and am doing pretty well. I've lost 14 pounds so far.

If any of you would like to play along, grab the award and have at it. You know I love all my blogging friends.

9 comments:

  1. I just received and in turn passed out this award tonight too!

    I got the D3000 for Valentine's Day. It is definitely greater in its capabilities than I am but I am still psyched. I'll probably need to take a class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might want to watch your phrasing of saying you read 'adult books' :) Husband needs to watch that with noodle at bedtime. She'll want to snuggle with him for a bit and he tells her she can't because he's going to watch adults movies (simply meaning grown up television, like Lost). That's the kind of thing I can already hear being repeated at preschool in fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one of the most beautiful people I've ever had the pleasure to know... and it's so wonderful that your beautiful daughter has honored you in this special way. (and you are incredibly interesting... and fun and funny and honest and genuine... as well as beautiful!!) And, oh... I LOVE James Taylor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. of course your daughter would recognize you in thus way. And oh, love me some James Taylor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love me some James Taylor! :)

    We're on Team B together at Shrinking Jeans, so I just *had* to come on over and say HELLO! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Re: Your previous blog on things that make you happy -
    It's sad that wii exercise games, Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans and your job come before your Mom on a list of things that make you happy. For your sake, I hope you're not 8th on your daughters' list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey anonymous, if you don't have the courage to put your name to your comment, maybe you should keep them to yourself. For the record, there was no rhyme or reason to the order of my list whatsoever and I'd be happy to be on my daughters list at #100, as long as I was on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your Award (aka blog hug)! And I enjoyed reading lists like these...

    Goodness...what is the purpose of posting comments such as the one Anonymous did? Can you delete it?

    Blessings & Aloha!
    I have something for you...and even if you are an award free blogger or have had this one given to you already...just know that I was thinking of ya! Please come and take a peek at what it is...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't usually see the comments because I have you on my reader, but WTF with the anonymous. I have been thinking about starting a blog (but probably will never do it), and I thought I would only allow comments that I like! :) I would delete that one stat.

    Anyway, I wanted you to know I'm proud of you and you've motivated to do the 30 day shred. Day 1 was today. Ummmm OUCHHHHHHHH

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!