Thursday, September 10, 2009

Surprise!!

As you know, Tuesday was our anniversary. Our three year old granddaughter came running up the driveway saying "Happy Anniversary" and waving this drawing. She said "I colored it for you!". It is hanging proudly on the fridge. If you look closely, you'll notice an extra name at the bottom of the paper. Yes, we are expecting grandbaby #3!!! We are so happy. My daughter didn't tell us right away because she was having a little trouble getting use to the idea. Her baby is only nine and a half months old. Now that it has sunk in and they have had some time to process the idea, they are very happy. The funny thing is, I had suspected for about a week and a half before she told us. Guess it was mother's intuition. I know it's a long shot for this family, but maybe we'll get a grandson. The last boy in our family is going to be 25 this month. I really don't care if it's a girl or a boy. Just a healthy baby is good enough for me. She goes to the doctor the 28th, so we'll know for sure then when it's due. She is thinking the first part of May. So, that's the good news over here and it's great news!!!

p.s. If you want to see something cute, check out my daughter's blog today for You capture. It's her baby announcement. Oh yeah, excuse her language. You'd think her mommy didn't teach her any manners!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats!! I loved her capture!! I thought that was your daughter! So exciting... Congrats Grammy and Poppa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Nancy! That's wonderful news and I couldn't be happier for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats again Nancy! My niece is due in Jan. and her baby will turn 1 in Jan. Talk about being close in age. Maybe that boy will make his entrance...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I think you will be needing some (lots of) monogrammed baby stuff from Basement Bags! LOL Your daughters' post was too funny...I remember having a similar reaction myself many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, MY... WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, HAPPY HAPPY NEWS!! I read this AFTER the moon photos, where I talked of FERTILITY!! I am SO HAPPY for all of you!! Congratulations a million + times!! OH, MY... this gives you such things to blog about, too!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!