Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Thursday Three

It is Thursday which means it is time for the Thursday Three at the Sisterhood. Here is the assignment for this week.....

Lift yourself up, focus on the positives, and answer me this:
When you look in the mirror, what is that you like or love about what you see?


I admit that it took some time and some thought to come up with three things I like when I look in the mirror. I am usually so focused on what I don't like, I don't take the time to consider that there are things I do like. Here they are....

1. My crows feet. Sounds stupid, right? Not really. I have been blessed with a wonderful life and I earned every one of those little wrinkles. They are the battle scars of a life well lived.

2. My nails. I especially love them on Thursday when I go get my weekly manicure. I deserve that little bit of pampering.

3. My hair or my haircut to be specific. I love my new haircut. It's young and sassy. Out of the box for me.

So, that's my three. What are yours? Feel free to tell us at the Sisterhood.

7 comments:

  1. I was a little freaked out when I started getting the first signs of wrinkles ( I KNOW! Don't slap me okay!), but like you, I think I'm really going to embrace them. They are the sign of a life lived with love and happiness. Well, except that stupid line in between my eyebrows. Apparently I scowl and squint too much. Nothing a little botox can't fix right?!! Hahahaha :)

    You are beautiful inside too, Nancy. Such a wonderful friend, mother and grandmother. I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your spirit, Nancy. Even across the internet lines, I can feel your love for your family and life and self. I'm feeling all warm and squishy right now, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are beautiful, inside and out! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weekly Manicures are awesome...so glad you treat yourself so often...you totally deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh good nails - most definitely enviable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post, Nancy. You are so centered and so beautiful. The manicure idea rocks (I noticed your lovely nails at Beth's shower) and your haircut is exactly what you said - youthful and sassy. Best of all, your wrinkles (which I've never noticed) are embraced and appreciated and that's beautiful and refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmmmm. 3 things. It IS interesting how, as women, we're never encouraged by society, or media, or magazines to focus on the POSITIVE. Here goes: 1. I will steal yours and say that I love my crow's feet and laugh lines. I honor them and see them as a journey of my life. Whenever I see a woman with lots of plastic surgery I wonder where the life journey ended and something new began. I love older women's faces with journey lines and "crinkles"... as my grandchildren call them; 2. I love the color of my eyes. They are green with brown/golden sunbursts in the center. Everyone around me has either blue or brown eyes... beautiful eyes all... but I love my green eyes. I don't know where they came from but they come from generations through time and love and I honor them each day; 3. I love my "done" mark over my lips. I have a dent that indicates, like cake or cupcakes, that I'm "done" just right. Just right for my husband, my kids, my Mom, my grandkids, my angels! Thank you and the Sisterhood for this most incredible adventure into our own faces! And have the most incredible Mother's Day ever! You are one beautiful Mama and Grandma! Much love, Nancy... Sharon

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!