Sunday, December 4, 2016

Yes!

It took me a long time, a really long time to say yes to being good to myself.  I finally did it though and it's been a great thing.

I have always put other people before myself.  I always have and probably always will.  It's just my nature.  I love to do for others, but I've learned that taking time for me is really important.

Three years ago during the year before my 60th birthday, I really made a point of thinking about me.  I made the effort to think about myself and to do the things that I wanted to do.  It didn't mean that I had to stop doing for others.  It just meant that I had to make the time for me too and I did. 

It was amazing how good me time felt.  Did I deserve the time?  Yes!  Did I enjoy the time?  Yes!  Was I still involved with all the other things that I was involved in before?  Yes!  Was I still there for my family?  Yes!   Was it one of the best things I have ever done for myself?  Yes Yes Yes!!!

Times up!  #fiveminutefreewrite

5 comments:

  1. I've never been so hard press I needed to learn this lesson, until now. I want to give everything to everyone. Thanks for the affirmation its okay to stop and say "yes" to my needs. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Don't wait as long as I did.

      Delete
  2. Very Good Point about the your blog when I search in google your blog get ranking good all blog post are very informative. Kindly post about Interior Designs In Chennai & Modular Kitchen in Chennai related.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the information. It is very useful for me . keep sharing. . .
    สูตรบาคาร่า
    โกเด้นสล็อต

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!