Sunday, March 27, 2016

It's Easter!!

The last time I wrote here, it was a few days after Ash Wednesday.  I made some Lenten promises to myself.  Goals if you will.  Today is Easter, so I thought I would update on my progress.

I said that I was going to give up excuses and to a degree, I have done just that.  I said that I would get up in the morning and exercise first thing before I could think up an excuse not to and I have.  I said that I would walk every day and with a few exceptions, I have done just that.  Some days not so long, but some days I've done six miles.

I said that I was going back to yoga, but I haven't. It's not that I didn't want to, but the class that I wanted to attend is no longer an option.  The option that is available is right after school and very crowded.  To get a space you have to be there 15 or 20 minutes before class and I can't get there that soon.  I also don't like being on top of people and having them on top of me for yoga.  I'm going to have to wait for summer break to go to a morning class and see how crowded those classes are.  They weren't bad last year, so I'm hoping.

My half marathon training is coming along.  This week's long walk is an easy four miles.  I'll be doing that when I get done writing this post.  I love walking.  It's time for just me.  Jesus and I do a lot of talking then.  We work out quite a few things.  It's good for my soul.

I hope that you all have a Happy and Blessed Easter. I will be spending mine with my family beginning at mass and what could be better than that?  I'd say pretty much nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!