Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Old School Blogging / The Fall Edition

I'm so happy and honored to be hosting Old School Blogging #OSBlog with Elaine this month. I've been joining in for a long time now and being asked to host is a dream come true.  Copy and paste the questions below and join in the fun.  I love it and have so much fun doing my own and then reading all the other posts.  Here are my answers to the fall edition post.  

What is your favorite Halloween candy?
That would be a toss up between a Mounds and a Butterfinger.  Usually the Mounds bar will win because of the dark chocolate.

What is one of the worst "treats" you ever received in your candy bag?
A toothbrush!!  Who thought that was a good treat and that was about 50 years ago.

What was one of your favorite costumes you wore when you were a kid?
The costume that I remember the most was when I was a gypsy.  We went to mom's closet and jewelry box and it was awesome.  I wish I had a picture of that costume.

How about your favorite costume as an adult?
I just spent an hour hunting for the pictures of my favorite adult costume and couldn't find them.  Probably 20 or so years ago, my husband and I went to the party store and bought an old man and an old lady rubber mask.  We dressed up like the old farmer and his wife.  Nobody knew who we were unless we told them.  It was so much fun to be that unknown.

What scares you most on Halloween? Spiders? Zombies? Axe murderers? Eyeballs in a jar... (or something else)?
To be honest, nothing really scares me about Halloween.  Even when I was a kid it didn't scare me.

So then, what is your favorite scary movie??
While it's not a horror movie, I think the movie that has scared me the most was the original When a Stranger Calls with Carol Kane and Charles Durning.  It totally creeped me out and still does.
What is you favorite part of the Thanksgiving meal?
My favorite part of the Thanksgiving meal is my whole family sitting around the table with me.  That and the turkey!
What is your favorite piece of clothing or accessory to wear in the Fall?
Definitely my Notre Dame hoodies!  I bet I have eight or so and I love everyone of them.  They are comfy and cozy and just scream fall to me.  Go Irish!

What is your favorite pie?  If you do not like pie I will forgive you but then what is your favorite Fall dessert?
I think my favorite pie would be apple, but I love all the cobblers and crumbles that get made with all the apples in the fall too.

Do you live where there are four seasons? If so, where is your favorite place to see the fall colors?
I live in northwest Indiana, so I definitely live where there are four seasons.  I don't think I could live where there weren't four seasons.  My absolute favorite place to hike and see all the colors is at the Indiana Dunes State Park which is just a couple miles from my home.  It is just beautiful there.


What is your favorite fall tradition?
Oh, hands down it's taking the preschoolers to the pumpkin patch every year.  We just went a couple weeks ago and the kids had a great time.  Riding the hay wagon out to the field and being able to pick any pumpkin they want is so special to them and to us, their teachers.  This year was especially fun because my grandson is in one of our classes.
Is there anything else special about the Fall to you?
I love Notre Dame football and that is definitely what always comes to my mind first when I think of fall.  There is nothing like going to the stadium for a game. 
So, it's your turn to answer and linkup with us.  Be sure and check out the other linkers and see what they have to say about fall.  Be sure and tweet with us too using the hashtag #OSBlog and tag Elaine @elainea and me @bacrdimama.

5 comments:

  1. hoodies are my favorite too, but i'll pass on the ND logo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you said about your family being around the table... so wonderful! And I forget about fruit crumble desserts but why? they are so good! Thank you for hosting with me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do people really give out toothbrushes for Halloween? They'd better be the awesome motorized ones at a minimum. One of our neighbors gives stuffed animals. The kids seemed to like that last year. And apple pie ranks very high on my list of favorite pies. Thanks for co-hosting this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apple pie (and cobblers and crumbles) are the best! So delicious. I too love gathering family around the table - it really is such a special time of year!

    ReplyDelete

  5. Very helpful suggestions that help in the optimizing website.
    thank for sharing the link.
    goldenslot

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!