Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Wednesday Hodge Podge


1. What's the first image that comes to mind when you hear the word 'spring'? Which phrase best describes the season of spring where you live right now (today)-sprung! almost there, or still waiting?

Definitely budding flowers and trees.  Here in northwest Indiana, we are somewhere between almost there and still waiting.  There is still snow on the ground, but it is getting warmer and the daffodils are starting to grow outside the preschool door at work.

2. Bed, couch, stapler, garage door, computer mouse, recliner, flashlight, door knob...which household item containing springs most needs replacing in your home? Speaking of springs...did you ever own a Slinky?

We need new family room furniture, so definitely couch and chair.  Of course I owned a slinky.  Didn't everyone?

3. March is Women's History Month. Share a favorite quote by a woman.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget the way you made them feel. -Maya Angelou

4. What's a question that looms large in your mind right now?

Oh, will we get everything done in time for our daughter's wedding????  I'm pretty sure we will, but I sure have my doubts at times.

5. Are you a sugar freak? By that I mean how much do you love sugar? With all the bad press sugar gets these days, have you made any efforts to reduce the amount of sugar you consume?

I can honestly say that I am not a sugar freak.  My problem lies with salt.  Give me the chips and salsa or potato chips any day.

6. Would you rather have less work to do or more work you enjoy doing?

I have finally gotten to the age where I would like less work to do, so I can enjoy the things I really want time for.  Things like my family, especially the grandkids and hobbies that I have put off for too long.

7. Ever been to Texas? Of the top ten Texas tourist attractions which would you most like to see-The Alamo, The San Antonio River Walk, The State Capital, Dallas World Aquarium, Padre Island National Seashore, Houston Space Center, Schlitterbahn Waterpark in New Braunfels, Six Flags Fiesta Texas,  Moody Gardens, or Galveston Island?

I can honestly say that Texas is one state that I really have no interest in visiting, but if someone made me go, I'd want to go to the Houston Space Center. 

8.  Insert your own random thought here...

I am getting very excited for my spring break from school.  I am taking a five day trip to Arizona with my youngest daughter, then home for a weekend get away with my husband.  It's going to be an awesome time!

If you'd like to join in the fun, head over to From This Side of the Pond and link up.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with the wedding preparations. I was just there, and can relate to how all of a sudden it feels like you have a million little things to take care of in a short amount of time. I'm sure it will all get done, and be beautiful. That's my favorite Maya quote : ) Enjoy your break-sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your week in Arizona. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to be going to AZ. with your daughter! That's one of my favorite states...so much to see and do! Have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the wedding stuff. :) I haven't been in AZ in ages. I love it there though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we need a new couch too. and we've only had ours 2 years :(

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!