Saturday, March 7, 2015

Stream of Consciousness Saturday

I have a trip coming up in two weeks.  My youngest daughter Abby and I are going to visit a friend in Arizona for spring break.  We'll also be able to see my godmother and cousin while we are there.  I am very excited about this although I am a little conflicted.
 
Abby is getting married in July, so a trip together while she's still my little girl seems awesome.  The conflict comes with the money.  With the price of weddings these days, I have no business spending money on a trip four months before the wedding.  I also feel bad about leaving my husband behind, but we certainly shouldn't spend the money for both of us to go.  Truth be told though, I think he is looking forward to having the house to himself for five days.
 
Why should I feel conflicted, even guilty about this trip?  It's a chance in a lifetime to go with my girl and make some memories before she moves on with her life.  My baby is going to be a beautiful bride.  Where did that time go?  27 years seems like last week when she was born.  Abby is a beautiful, loving, talented, giving, spontaneous, happy, friendly, sweet, motivating, funny, grateful and sincere woman.  She is everything I ever wanted her to be. 
So, screw the money!  It's only money.  I am going on this trip and I am going to have a wonderful adventure with my little girl.  I only have this chance once.  I'm not going to miss it. 
Arizona here we come!!
 
p.s.  We are going to a Cubs spring training game.  Cross that one off the bucket list.  Thanks Shari!!!
 
I'm sure I ran over my five minutes, but I don't care.  Stop over at Jaime's and check out all the #SOC posts and join in, if you'd like.  It's really fun.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your trip and your time with your daughter. I remember the months leading up to my wedding and the memories are worth the money we spent on girls weekends. (And think of it as a girls weekend - and an opportunity for your husband to have some downtime!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my plan. I'll never get this chance again. Abby will be a married lady so very soon.

      Delete
  2. enjoy it! the trip i took with my parents to Biltmore before i got married gave me priceless memories.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!