Saturday, February 14, 2015

Stream of Consciousness Saturday

Last night was a very good night.  My friend Bari came into town for an overnight on her way to Jacksonville for a half marathon.  She had an early flight out of Midway and staying here made her morning commute a little shorter.
 
We went to a local beer pub for dinner.  Bari is a big beer fan.  Me, not so much.  She had two fancy beers.  I had two Bacardi and coke.  Dinner was good and we had some fun company.  Our friend Donya stopped by to have a drink with us.
We go back a long way.  Way back to the beginning of our blogging days.  It was actually the first time that Donya and Bari met in person.  This is what I love about blogging and other social media.  You get to make amazing friends you never would have met before.  The fact that I am old enough to be both of their mother doesn't seem to matter.  It's an amazing thing and I'm thrilled to be a part of it.
 
While we were out, I got a text that I had been waiting for.  My best friend's first grandchild is going to be a BOY!  I couldn't be happier for them.  Their daughter is my daughter's best friend and this will be kind of like our boy too.  I can't wait to meet him.
 
Last, but not least....Happy Valentine's Day!  My husband and I will be spending ours at home because we have a winter storm warning with up to eight inches of snow and 50 mph wind gusts expected.  I've lost track of how many Valentines we've given to each other.  The first one was in 1972.  You do the math.  LOL
 
Well, times up.  Feel free to join in and link up with Jaime.
 



4 comments:

  1. It's so cool when you meet bloggers that you've kept up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. Some of them I've never met and some I have, but I love them all.

      Delete
  2. I love meeting bloggers in real life. I met Bari a few years ago at a half marathon in Knoxville. She and her family have now stayed with my family twice during spring break. She's a wonderful person!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you are staying warm and snuggling with your valentine!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!