Sunday, January 25, 2015

Stream of Consciousness Sunday

 
I'm trying something new this week.  My friend Brooke has been doing this for awhile now and I have loved her writing.  I'm up for the challenge.  Jaime at Love Jaime hosts Stream of Consciousness Saturday or Sunday.  Here's how it goes. 
1. Set a timer for five minutes. (Or keep tabs with your computer’s clock.)
2. Write freely. Any topic. Whatever is on your mind. It doesn’t even have to be completely cohesive.
3. Tag on social media with #SOCSaturday or #SOCSunday and link up below. You have all day Saturday and Sunday to join the link up. It closes Monday morning.
4. Click around and give some comment/blog love.
 

So....what I've learned in the last half hour is that I am going to need some practice in doing this exercise.  I have written three separate posts and erased every one of them. 

Why do I feel like I can't say what I want?  Am I worried about what people will say?  Probably.  I think it's going to take some time and some practice and a little bravery too.

I'm 60 years old and I have spent the last year trying to step out of my box.  Trying to do the things that I was afraid to try or do things that I never considered trying before.  I've had a lot of fun.  So, why is this so hard?

How does that song go?  "Say what you want to say and let the words fall out.  Honestly, I want to see you be brave".  That's my goal for posts to come.  You're going to see me be brave.

My five minutes is up!  Time to go link up with Jaime.  Wish me luck for next time.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up!!

    I think I started doing SOC because I had so many thoughts and I wanted to get everything out of my head. I definitely say what I mean on my blog. I'm an open book (though I'll try to refrain from being too negative.)

    Be honest with yourself and with others. You'll feel better that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so proud of you for doing this!!! i babble too much, so its not difficult for me. i think because it is hard for you, it makes it more important to do!! :) looking forward to next week's post!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!