Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Old School Blogging – A Few of My Favorite Things

It's time for another installment of Old School Blogging.  This month, we are doing A Few of My Favorite Things.

Sit down restaurant
Craft House is the new version of one of our former favorite places.  The food is great and if you are a beer drinker (I'm not), they have a ton of craft beers to choose from.

Cookie
I love chocolate chip cookies all warm and gooey from the oven, but my very favorite is the decorated sugar cookies at Christmas.

Bath Product Scent
Olay Age Defying Body Wash is the one that I use all the time.  I don't know that it has an actual scent name.  I just love it.  It doesn't fight my perfume scent.

TV Shows
I'm not a big tv watcher.  The only time I faithfully have the tv on is when I am making dinner or going to bed.  Then I am watching reruns of the Cosby Show or The Golden Girls.  This time of year though, you will always find me watching the Notre Dame football game.
Flowers
My favorite flower is a yellow rose, but I'm not opposed to just about any flower.  They are all beautiful.
 
 
Bad for Me Snack
I'm guessing it would probably be Bacardi and diet coke with lime with chips and salsa.
 
Magazines
I am a magazine whore.  I get way too many.  I would say my favorites are Prevention and Real Simple.
 
Hobby
I love my camera, so definitely photography.  I also love painting, sewing and my new love for making beach glass jewelry.
 
Holiday
Christmas, hands down.  I have always loved the wonder in the kids eyes and how they can't wait for Santa to come, but still know the real reason for the holiday.  I think my very favorite thing is watching one of the grandkids put baby Jesus in the manger on Christmas morning.
 
Girls Night Out Activity
For the past six months or so, there has been a new thing in my town called Wine and Canvas and Canvas Escapes.  The premise is you paint a canvas in about three hours.  Sometimes they are good and sometimes they aren't, but we have a blast doing it.  This is the one we are going to try next month.
 
Date Night
Date night is usually pretty simple.  We go out for dinner and then down to Lake Michigan to watch the sunset.  We love it!  I especially love when it is clear enough to see Chicago.
These are some of my favorite things.  If you'd like to join in, head over to The Miss Elaine-ous Life and link up.

4 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful date night! And I have yet to do the painting party with girlfriends but I hear it is really fun. And now I want chocolate chip cookies - AGAIN! ;) thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweet friend. I'm back trying my hand at blogging again.
    Love that last photo. Just gorgeous.
    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!