Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Real Beauty

I came across this video clip of Dustin Hoffman talking about his character of Dorothy in Tootsie and how he felt about the part.  I found it fascinating that he was able to acknowledge how he felt he had been brainwashed into thinking women were only deserving of attention if they measured up to a certain "bar of attraction".  
Watch it and then we'll talk.


So, what did you think?  I have always liked Dustin Hoffman, but now I am so much more impressed with him.  The fact that this realization brought him to tears really touched me.

I am not a Hollywood raving beauty.  Never have been and never will be.  I'm an okay kind of girl.  The older I get, the more I realize like Mr. Hoffman that beauty really is skin deep and totally in the eye of the beholder.  Anyone who doesn't believe that is missing out on some great people.

This picture of me was taken last week on vacation.  I was in the lake with my sunburned, no make up, messy haired face and you know what?  I think it's one of the best pictures I've ever taken. This is the real me.  Take it or leave it.  Lucky for me, lots of people take it.  The ones who don't, their loss.


2 comments:

  1. Take it or leave it? I take it! Looking great there, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!