Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Next Chapter aka Book #6


I kind of have an amazingly talented son-in-law.  By day, he is an insurance adjuster and yoga enthusiast.  By night, he is a gifted writer and I'm not just saying that because he is married to my daughter.  I would be reading his poetry even if I didn't know him.  His name is Ryan Fredric Steinbeck and his sixth book of poetry, Tales of a Stone Mason is due for a late April release.  To say that I am excited is an understatement.
This is Ryan and his lovely wife Cindy ( I would think she was lovely even if she wasn't my daughter ) at one of his book signings.  I love when he does poetry readings at his book signings.  He has as much of a flare for reading his poems as he does for writing them. 
Ryan's latest entry to his collection is a book of spirited poetry with
richly layered stories that are both real and metaphorical.  This collection finds him getting into much different characters like never before and there's an authentic personality emerging from his writing that was not as prominent in previous collections.  I am very excited to be able to finally read it.  I am also excited because Ryan is writing his first novel.
You can find Ryan on Facebook and on his website.  His five previous books are available on Amazon and through his website, if you'd like to try him out.  I truly think you'd be impressed and entertained.  If you like poetry, you'll love his work.

3 comments:

  1. On my way to check him out! I love poetry! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He's a pretty awesome writer, if I do say so myself.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I will have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!